Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Backpack party #1


Very sweet family, getting all the supplies they needed!


This woman was going to college, and was just as happy as the first graders to get her school supplies!

So wonderful to get out in the community and help! And to have such a great husband who supports me and takes excellent care of the kids while I'm out! We had an awesome night in Fairfax handing out school supplies. Lots of families, and lots of kids came out. My favorite little girl saw that I was crossing out some items and not others and said, "Do I just get a few of the things on my list?" I said, "No! The supplies aren't in the same order as you list, so we have to walk around a bit, but you'll get everything!" She smiled and smiled for the next 5 minutes and kept saying, "I'm getting everything! Look at all this stuff!!!!!" Her backpack was so full, she had to drag it over to her mom, squeeling, "I'm going to school!".

No comments: